• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Gen2 vs. JKS QDs

Carp.xj

NAXJA Forum User
I know this has been debated before, and I've searched, but they seem to be about even. I have been running NO sway bar for a half year at 5" of lift, no major complaints but getting some discos now....

So simply: RE Gen2 or JKS ?? What would you do? Where are they cheapest?

I NEED SILENT OPERATION. My RE originals were very noisy....

Thanks
Seb

Silent operation? need? Don't you drive an xj? ;)

My jks disco's have never made a peep. I cant imagine RE gen 2 disco's making any noise either though. I've seen two sets of RE Gen 2's break.

If you want a set though, I've got a spare sitting at home. Make me an offer.

-C

cal said:
Silent operation? need? Don't you drive an xj? ;)
yeah, already got squeaky packs, shackle bolt digging into tailpipe, and a noisy trac bar, but I want quiet discos.... lol

cal said:
My jks disco's have never made a peep. I cant imagine RE gen 2 disco's making any noise either though. I've seen two sets of RE Gen 2's break.

If you want a set though, I've got a spare sitting at home. Make me an offer.

-C
You've RE gen2s at home? new or used? how used?

JKS are almost always going to be cheaper than the RE Gen2's. If you're buying disconnects by themselves (ie: not buying a lift that comes with disconnects), I'd go with JKS.

Ive got two sets of discos for sale, RegenII, and full traction(very beefy), Let me know if you are interested.
Chris

Carp.xj said:
You've RE gen2s at home? new or used? how used?

New. They came with a lift I bought about a year ago, I used JKS's instead. They are complete, still in the packaging, I won't pass up a fair offer on them. I can ship if you cover the costs (I can do it thru work so its cheap) or if you make it down to LA/OC, I can give them to you in person.

-C

So you want to debate something that has already been debated in the exact same form? That you have already read? Ok...

Then you already know my opinion on the subject.

Back