• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Busted Grease Cups/Fittings?

WVXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Tried to search for clues but came up with nothing. Some guys at the grease monkey told me my grease point fittings were all busted. Is it possible to bust them? Can you get new ones? It's a 96'xj,4.0,242,aw4, tryin to get her back into shape but have never heard of this happening and can't find anyone else who has dealt with this issue.

The dirt gets in them and clogs them. I've had it happen. Any local auto or hardware store will stock the grease fittings. There are several thread types, so maybe take your old ones with you.

I often replace them with new fittings that have different angles, so its easier to reach and grease with the grease gun.

Grease Cups? Are you talking about the boots that protect and hold the grease around the ball joint? For how often they tear, you'd think they would be more available, but I can never find replacement boots either. I guess the thinking is, if you need to replace the boot, you need to replace the ball joint. You have to pull the joint apart to replace the boot and that oftens damages the ball joint anyway.

thanks man, do you know about what they charge for those things. I believe the ones on the ball joints are bad, i guess they should be replaced as well....................we'll have her good as new soon! thanks again

Back