• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wrenching/projects

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
So who's wrenching on what? I know Cracker is going a whole transformation (I heard something about cops discovering a tunnel to a bank vault in Pasadena but they have no suspects at the moment), I know that Ron is busy chopping, bending, building a new rig, I know that someone has this front 44 that he's been planning to put in for the longest time, I'm working on a bumper mounted tire carrier.

So who's wrenching on what?

Kejtar said:
I know that someone has this front 44 that he's been planning to put in for the longest time.

Hey now... Leave MY 44 project out of this... I am finding time here and there to work on it...:D

Waiting for my custom Detours sliders/stiffeners, reworking my drag link dimension, looking for 33's, trying to fab my belly pan to fit with drop brackets, fixing my rear ARB line in the pumpkin and working on building custom rear quarter armor.

Other than that, not much. :D

Clean-RC said:
Hey now... Leave MY 44 project out of this... I am finding time here and there to work on it...:D
Oh wait... I forgot about you. On that note, there are 2 44's that are waiting for an install :D

well I have started with a 1990 that I picked up for a used computer that cost me about 150$. I had to replace the motor though, and that was done about mid nov. It was a struggle to get'er going right and finially after the help of someone with a DRB found that the New O2 was infact defuctive.

About a month ago now that the motor was good to go, I started the real work. I am on a budget set by the financial advisor / Wife, so its been tough to get what all I need but through friends, and those that needed work done or I am now in debt to I have obtained some good stuff I hope.

I pulled a 8.8 and built that up with new stock axles and the TnT truss and u-bolt eliminators. the More ebrake cables are nice and fit great also. I then installed the rear with some rough county 4.5 leafs that have the bottom leaf removed trying to lower them down some, and the ubolt elim. were for 3/4" lift and then the 1.5 boomerang shackles by TnT. all in all after paint and brake lines it turned out great. But it still is up like 8.75-9" and hope that it settle soonbut without being able to drive it right now, it might be a while before it does.

Currtently though, I have the RK front long arm kit in the mail and need to get that fabed in, as well as a no-slip for the front. I picked up some 35" pro-crap Xterrains for almost nothing-200$ and two were brand new so that was cool. I have the TnT unibody stiffners also to install. The rear drive shaft I need to cut and lengthen about 2". the rear bumper needs to be built, the rockers need to get cut out and rec tubing welded in. The rear 1/4's need to be cut out and folded up and in. then I am at least hoping to get the front exo cage portion as well as rear portion done.

I was able to get new one piece axles installed and regear with 4.56's and new hubs last week.

All in all it has to be ready or semi-ready for TDS, first weekend in march. so it will be close. I just hope the darn Rockkrawler kit doesn't take 3wks to get.

All this and a wife and kid and house duties..

Currently getting my hydro-assist steering fabbed in. Gutted the interior and taking a chapter from you Remi going to Herculine the interior, new seats, fabbing up a center console, making it into a three seater and moving the tool box up behind the front passenger seat.

Cut the top off over the cargo area and tying the body into the rear exo-cage. Reworking the exo-cage so I can put five point belts in.

Trying to work as much overtime as I can, so that I'll still be married in June.

Grzz701 said:
taking a chapter from you Remi going to Herculine the interior
:clap: There is this undercoating you might want to put under the herculiner. It has some ceramic particles and it acts as a heat shield (it's name escapes me at the moment though).

umh, midterms count? Mass Transfer, Thermodynamics, and Water Quality all next week. Life is hell, life is good.

If you mean XJ wise, collecting parts for my 3" lift, playing with stuff under the hood too.

You know, poor, married, and with children, college student. The Cherokee takes time. . . .

Oh, and now waiting to 'see' red, which will be kind of hard since I'm red/green color blind.

Still trying to get my transmission woes taken care of and then it will be regearing, sliders, skids and new cooling system. progress was nearly halted this month when i got pnemonia and then again when I got married but im geting back on track now

Well...

I've still got those FS Dodge D44's that I need to have retubed - that's on the back burner.

First of three restomods to begin - when I get the garage cleaned out. Turning an 89 Limited into a "commuter special" (hers.) Then turn my 88 into a rig actually capable of doing something (I'm tired of changing Peugeots,) and the other 89 goes in to become a "long-distance travel rig."

Still have to sort out that annoying "clunk" in the front end of the other 89 - I've read that it may be the track bar coming loose, so I'll give that a seeing-to this week-end.

Can't think of anything else at the moment - but that doesn't mean it's not there...

5-90

I just finished a rear 44, 4.88, detroit, CrMo shafts. Am working on a front 30, knuckles rotated, trussed, CrMo shafts, 4.88, locked, WJ outers, WJ crossover steering, relocated lca brackets, pushing the whole axle forward another 1.5" or so and building a trackbar setup to go with it. Need to build some reinforcements and braces for the track bar mount and steering, and do some kind of limiting strap.. some chopping and building to let me run longer shocks up front to get more droop without losing stuffage, and I think maybe some fuzzy dice to hang inside.

Also working on the tow rig.. I scored a 6.1L Ford engine with a 4 speed allison automatic overdrive (with PTO !) out of a '93 F700 and am working on an np205 for it, to go with my 3/4 ton ford axles. All of that in the 1962 F100 body should make for a sexy and comfortable (although, it could use more leg room maybe) tow up to moab and back. ;)

-Cal

heh...projects...

hasta

Kejtar said:
So who's wrenching on what? I know Cracker is going a whole transformation (I heard something about cops discovering a tunnel to a bank vault in Pasadena but they have no suspects at the moment), I know that Ron is busy chopping, bending, building a new rig, I know that someone has this front 44 that he's been planning to put in for the longest time, I'm working on a bumper mounted tire carrier.

Actually, I think they are onto him. When I picked up his old 35's, there were cops all over his neighborhood. I saw at least five cars within spitting distance of his place. His cover story of the house sinking seemed to be a good reason for the digging, but I think they will figure it out soon.

Kejtar said:
well we know that you will never be done ;)

It feels that way sometimes. I'm going to see what i can do though. I should get a bit of work done this weekend. I also am going to ditch the interior for the most part. custom dash and console should be in the works this summer. I'm thinking about doing it all in fiberglass.... we'll see.

Some of this
j5jg2v.jpg

and when it's all shiny, a 4:1 TC
and maybe rebuild or replace my leaking and very old AGR steering box

Grant's belly pan ...hmmmm...got plans you can share Grant?

Last edited:
possibly picking up a 2 door cherokee when i'm home (HOPE THIS WORKS) if so, hurridly buying and hopefully shipping a lift kit to the house for a eastern WA wrenchfest (if i'm not wheeling or snowed in, damn eastern WA Feb weather)... other than that, acquiring money for the ultimate CJ refab/upgrade/build....needs a new wiring harness, new soft top, new front seats, custom dash (with all new guauges), major power steering work, etc. . .and mebbe work on some bumpers and a redo of the roll cage (need some stuff relocated) definitely wont happen in the 2 weeks i'm home (CJ PROJECT) but i can acquire the money and pieces parts while i'm on my year long iraq trip.

jonboy said:
Some of this
j5jg2v.jpg

and when it's all shiny, a 4:1 TC
and maybe rebuild or replace my leaking and very old AGR steering box

Grant's belly pan ...hmmmm...got plans you can share Grant?

Jon, we can discuss at the local watering hole if you'd like. If I can't get the Skidrow one I have to work then there will be some fabbing with the computer controlled plasma. :D

gcurtis said:
Jon, we can discuss at the local watering hole if you'd like. If I can't get the Skidrow one I have to work then there will be some fabbing with the computer controlled plasma. :D

Wanna sell it back to me? :D

After a year of some personal dilemmas and neglecting the JEEP, I finally put in the header that has been sitting in garage since last summer this past weekend. And during the process broke off the little plastic return hose on the back of the power steering pump. So replaced the powersteering, changed the serpentine belt. Now my upper radiator hose is leaking at the Tstat housing. AAAHHHHHHHH, if it isn't one thing its another. I still need to regear the d44 I found under a woody, need to pick up some c/arm drop brackets, pick up the 231 with SYE from Mark this weekend, pick up another np231 at Calico on the 10th, (for my wifes ZJ) lift the wifes ZJ, waiting for it to come in....blah, blah, blah...... the list seems never ending. :sunshine:

We are all Jeep Junky, crack whores!

Back