• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Auto Shutdown

tgregg

NAXJA Member #1444
Hummmm, I just got back from driving all morning, even passed CA Smog Test. Just as I got into the garage (great timing, yea God!!) it just shut off. Felt electrical. Everything works, motor cranks, all fuses look good but no start. As soon as it cools I'll pull a plug and check for spark. I'm new to injection, what is the best way to check for fuel?? Also what is the "Auto Shutdown" circuit breaker in the Power Dist Center? I noticed it but have no idea what it is and since the Jeep did just shut down it caught my attention.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46143&highlight=asd*+relay post two has instructions for testing the ASD relay. From '00 FSM: The ASD relay supplies battery voltage (12+ volts) to the fuel injectors and ignition coil(s). With certain
emissions packages it also supplies 12–volts to the oxygen sensor heating elements.
The ground circuit for the coil within the ASD relay is controlled by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). The PCM operates the ASD relay by switching its ground circuit on and off. The ASD relay will be shut–down, meaning the 12–volt power supply to the ASD relay will be de-activated by the PCM if:
--the ignition key is left in the ON position. This is if the engine has not been running for approximately 1.8 seconds.
--there is a crankshaft position sensor signal to the PCM that is lower than pre-determined values.
The PCM will sense if or when the ASD relay has been activated through a “sense circuit”. Refer to Automatic Shut-Down (ASD) Relay Sense-PCM Input
for additional information.

Back