• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installing Rustys LCAs

98XJSport

Destiny is the rising sun
I am looking to install Rustys fixed length LCAs. My question, which end goes where? The control arms have a bend that is not centered on the arm. Im not sure if the end that has the short side goes to the axle, or if its the end with the long side. Anyone have these and installed them? As far as I can tell, they fit either way...

Thanks

98XJSport said:
I am looking to install Rustys fixed length LCAs. My question, which end goes where? The control arms have a bend that is not centered on the arm. Im not sure if the end that has the short side goes to the axle, or if its the end with the long side. Anyone have these and installed them? As far as I can tell, they fit either way...

Thanks

long part to body mount,short part to axle mount.

they do fit either way, I ran into the same problem... I originally thought the bend went up for better ground clearance, but after installing the first one I realized if you did that it hit on the mounting bracket on the axle limiting up travel and probably break the control arm in a big bump... I have mine installed with the bed down and the short side attached at the axle. I don't know if that is right, but it's worked well for a year now.

Thats how I figured, thanks much for the help.

I also think I put mine on backwards but it works better that way really. I called Rusty about it and I think he said short side to the frame but I got better flex the other way. Or you could take an angle grinder and take off a bit of the axle mount where it hits the LCA and that should be fine.

Yeah they are in, I figured they would go that way but needed confirmation. And conveniently I didn't have instructions with mine. Now I gotta trim and flex and all that good stuff.

Back