• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what width is better?

xtrememtbiker85

NAXJA Forum User
33x12.50 or 33x10.50

This will be a mud terrain tire for DD use,lots on hwy in the summer and weekend wheeling in NH with mostly mud, some rocks and lots of snow in the winter usually.

A 10.50 tire will be more street friendly, but a 33x12.50 looks good, it will also do good offroad as you have a bigger foot print. Definately plan on getting 8" rims though if you get the 12.50" wide tires with less backspacing like 3.25" or so. If you want to save $ and mostly street drive like you said the 10.50 tire will work with your rims especially if you get aftermarket LCAs for less rubbing when steering.

Troy

Thanks, I already have a set of wheeling wheels, Cragar soft 8's, 8" wide and 4" bs. not worried about that. But looks will be better with the 12.50s since i ahve tj flares and i am moving from 4.5" lift up to 5.5-6" lift.

well if you have tj flares and that much lift why not go with 35x12.50s?

xtrememtbiker85 said:
Thanks, I already have a set of wheeling wheels, Cragar soft 8's, 8" wide and 4" bs. not worried about that. But looks will be better with the 12.50s since i ahve tj flares and i am moving from 4.5" lift up to 5.5-6" lift.

Cragar soft 8's are nice. Nicer than the "D" window AR rims with the red and blue stripe too. :laugh3: Yeah, I think you are good for 35's then, but gas is expensive and if this is a dd, then I'd say stick with the 33x12.50's, also your stock axles will live a happier life this way (30/35, 30/8.25 30/44).

Troy

Yea I got the soft 8's for that reason that I think they look better than D windows.

I want to run 33's 1 b/c its a DD and 2 b/c it flexes better with the 33 than the 35's. My g/f had 35" mt/r's on her tj and we swapped them for 33's so it will flex better, look better and better gas mileage. I am in to flex and rocks more than mud but i dont plan on going over 5.5" to 6" max and 35 is too much for my tastes especially for NH wheeling.

Back