• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

traction bar pics?

RyanM

NAXJA Forum User
any body god any good pics of a mounting point for the top of the bar near the tc? looking to add a ladder bar just need ideas for a strong brace point. not a pro fabricator but learning and access to welder

thanks all.

836581_14_full.jpg

Karl said:

It looks like that crossmember is gonna hang pretty low below the unibody rails. Or am I missing something?

yea that does look funny. i may try to figure something out to fit it on a Rustys TC skid.

the nthdegree stinger/glider system looks GOOD!!! nthdegreemobility.com

I really like Nth's Stinger design, unfortunately they don't have an XJ application yet. That's why I set about to build a traction bar on my own (see link in Thayer's post above). You could probably do something very similar to mine, using Rusty's t'case skid as the mounting base.

Photo album for my project: http://jeepin.net/photos/tractionbar

I have some pics with a skid from my XJ but my FTP space has gone nuts and I cant host pics. If you want some send me a PM with your email address and I can send you a few.

AARON

thanks jason, looks good.

i called nthdegree, and they do have a 103'' WB kit that can be chopped down to fit the xj. i was also thinking about using my old RE track bar with the threaded end, if needed. the main reason im leanin toward nthdegree is i dont want to strip an axle tube dumping the clutch ;)

If Nth is talking about their LJ Stinger, it's probably still too short for an XJ. Even though the LJ has a longer wheelbase than the XJ, the rear driveline is still shorter. Depending on how you did the shackle mount on the body though, it might work as-is. I don't know that I'd be willing to drop that kind of cash on something that could still require a lot of fab work to work. If you decide to try it though, I'd definitely be interested to see how you do it. :)

I'm still debating on running a full truss on mine once I do the traction bar, and I may redo the spring perches (I'm already going to be doing some JKS shock mounts), it's just a matter of me being able to set aside a weekend to pull the rear axle and do the work, I've already got all the parts (truss and new perches) together to do it.

do you have a 87 xj44 as well as me? id like to see the truss, on your website? i to am switching to jks shock mounts and maybe some TNT ubolt elims : )

i was also thinking if i could use my buddys stinger and use my old RE trac bar to lengthen it?/ i dunno still debating

Yup, D44 out of an '87 XJ. I don't have pics of the truss, but it's actually the center hoop from the grille/light bar in this pic:

http://jeepin.com/projects/prerunner1.jpg

Sounds goofy, I know, but the toob C4x4 uses for their Prerunner bars is actually pretty beefy, and that center hoop is nearly the perfect size and shape for a toob truss.

With my setup and where my front mount is, my traction bar is going to be around 45" long.

Back