• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

flooded alternator

88rokee

NAXJA Forum User
i flooded my alternator out wheeling today> i need to buy a new one but seeing as i just got a 200 dollar battery for my new winch i was wondering if there were any bolt in upgrades for a better alternator, or any others out there that are stronger than the stock XJ alternator

I don't know if he'll ship to Canada, but check out my website and give Rod (San Jose Generator) a call - we've recently gotten him to start doing mail-order, and I've managed to flood a few of his units without too much trouble... Of course, they're Delcos.

5-90

I just replaced my ALT and a lifetime warrenty one was 188 I think from carquest. The guy at napa had never heard of a lifetime warrenty ALT.

Because I'm cheap and not sure how much longer I'm driving this XJ I bought one from Can Tire for $70 after trading in my core for $55. Only 1 year warrenty rebuild but can't complain for $70.

Both of the ones I'm talking about were 100 amp.

Back