• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speaker Question

Samman

NAXJA Forum User
I know, I know speakers are minor to me as well but...

i have a 90' XJ ( with the speakers in the hatch vs. the soundbar in later years) i know that they can fit 5.25's all around but my buddy gave me 2 good 6x9's for free. My question, should i put them in? and if so where? i know i will have to modify something but should it be the front doors or hatch, also will the weight effect my hatch liftshocks??

thanks, and have pity on me big cheese wheelers for asking about speakers

why not take the speaker wires that run back to the hatch and pull those through and run them under the carpet in the back seat and have two boxes for the 6x9's and put the behind the back seat. That is how I have mine wired up and it sounds nice.

good idea because i could unhook them too when i go camping, how would you go about threading the wire from the hatch to under the carpet?

Many people have put 6x9s in the hatch, in place of the OE speakers -- some cutting involved.

Do a search in Street Performance forum. I think that's where most of the speaker threads end up.

I don't know about in the later model Xjs but my back seat flips up and has plenty of room to build in an exclosed box for your 6x9 and probably even an amp if you needed it and could keep it all hidden.

Back