• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

heated seat

torfinn

NAXJA Forum User
When was heated seats available? Is it possible to add heating elements to my 89 leather seats?

Regards
Torfinn

Im not sure of the year it was introduced, but you can add the whole seat, you cannot add the components of the heating core to your seats. My reccomendation would to get the core unit out of a 1996 grand cherokee, the seats will bolt right up to the earlier model cherokees.

There are also aftermarket kits that can be installed in any seat. I don't have any experience witht hem, but I know they are available.

if you search ebay you will find kits...never worked with them but am thinking about doing it to my girlfriends car for her birthday

I installed these in my TJ following this write-up. Very High quality kit. I believe they supply GM and other car companies. It looks like a factory install when done. I may do this to the wife's XJ. Nothing terribly difficult about the install, just time consuming.

http://www.ewylie.com/jeep/seatheat.htm

Last edited:
Back