• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 nissan truck reese hitch?

NCXJMAN

NAXJA Forum User
My friends 97 nissan hardbody truck got stollen and recovered. He had alot of $$$$$ in his truck and it is now prob totalled out the ins. man comes out tomorrow to decide to total it or not, but my question is will his reese hitch fit my 00 xj? if it will i am going to get it off before the ins man makes a claim tom.
I went to wal-mart and there reese hitch lists both of our vehicles on the same box.

I am also getting his set of 31x10.50 r 15 baja claws that were a week old when the truck was stollen. for $100 so i hate it for him but his bad luck is my good fortune!

it might reese makes a universal hitch that really sucks for clearance i had it on my 1st xj

just to let you know the reese hitch will hang down 6" below your bumper

well after pulling the hitch off the nissan that was covered in 4 inchs of mud.(compliments of the thief that stole my friends truck they took the truck through some hella mud!) the hitch that my friend said was a reese was actually some brand called lancer. Anybody heard of it? I also got his front tow hook. If it doesnt fit who do you guys recomend. Last time i went wheelin I had to get pulled out by my axles.

NCXJMAN said:
well after pulling the hitch off the nissan that was covered in 4 inchs of mud.(compliments of the thief that stole my friends truck they took the truck through some hella mud!) the hitch that my friend said was a reese was actually some brand called lancer. Anybody heard of it? I also got his front tow hook. If it doesnt fit who do you guys recomend. Last time i went wheelin I had to get pulled out by my axles.
you need brackets before you mount the tow hooks, DONT mount the hooks directly to the frame cause they will rip out the first time you get pulled.

Either get nut strips from the dealer, which is $$$$ or you can make your own using barstock and nuts. BAsically, you just need a big piece of metal to sit inside of the unibody framerail and distribute the load over the whole area. If you buy an aftermarket rear bumper, they should have tie-ins that are in the same spot, and you cna mount a trialer hitch (if you still need one) and a gastank skid to them.

Well worth the "outragous" 18$.
http://www.chryslerpartsdirect.com/
bracket.jpg

Last edited:
RCP Phx said:
Well worth the "outragous" 18$.
bracket.jpg

Hmmm, they're that cheap!?!?! I went to the dealer one time and they quoted me like 40 bux or so each!! Maybe that was for both?? needless to say, I thought that was outrageous for one and didn't buy them.

Just curious, when did you get the 18 dollar price?? they have been raising their prices in the last few years....but hopefully not that much!

Right-52001174/Left-52001175

Back