• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

E-brake TJ/YJ for XJ

Big Al 331

NAXJA Forum User
I know we have talked about this many times before, but I need to know what year TJ/YJ will fit my 93 XJ. I broke one of the cables this morning and I want to replace them with new ones.

I guess I will replace them with the longer TJ/YJ passenger cable will I have to replace them. No need to replace them with stock and when I go higher I have to replace them again.

:confused: :confused:

I'm doing this to my XJ soon. I have read tech articles saying 91 YJ passenger side cables work best. A short piece of 8mm rod will be needed to extend the adjuster near the e brake handle according to the article. If I can find it, I will post the link.

Just finished it yesterday. I didn't need the rod. I just adjusted the hand brake linkage (aluminum rod attached to the hand lever).

I got cables from a '95, passenger side. I didn't expect them to be so long. I had to cross them over and behind the sway bar. Took about 3 hours after all said and done. Still need to adjust them.

Back