• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blower motor resistor pack questions,#5 tab used?

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Okay so I posted up a while back about my blower motor being slow even after I put a brand new one in. So the other day I took out my resistor pack and this is what I found....
Picture029.jpg

Not a bad thermal fuse but a lot of rust near the bottom. Is this normal? Could it be affecting performance? I suppose it is for being a 15 year old vehicle and being in the HVAC system. Also my #5 tab is absent, almost looks broken off. The electrical connector only has 4 terminals in it but I'm just trying to figure out why they would have put a #5 tab on the resistor but not used it. Like I said there are only 4 speeds on the blower motor and there are only 4 terminals in the eletrical connector so maybe there are only supposed to be 4 tabs on the resistor itself I'm just not sure. Does anyone know more about this? Help is greatly appreciated.
-Collin

Last edited:
redyouch said:
get a new one. $40 at dealer. yjr plug probably broke off in the connector.
Well the thing is though there is no spot in the connector for the #5 tab. It would just run off into space.

Back