• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NJ inspections........???

gearwhine

NAXJA Forum User
I'm due for an inspection this month...already overdue. Do I go to the DMV and get an inspection there first. Will they tell me from there that I need to go to the stability test thing? Will I be a failure at first before I get the stability test done? ORRR should I get a private inspection? Is that fine, I've got a friend whose dad does them at his shop. Thanks __nicko_

You need to make an appointment at one of the NJ state inspection facilities that perform the stability test... the privatized facilities are not allowed to inspect modified vehicles. The facility in Winslow is probably closest to you, not far from the AC Expressway (take 76 across the river from school.)

What I found.....I can go to Winslow, Asbury Park or Morristown. To me at college Winslow is the closest, but my Jeep is at home...and Morristown is closest with Asbury Park 2nd. I've heard stories about going to Asbury Park as the guy is more lenient there. Is this true? Any recommendations? Thanks Mark. _nicko_

How high are you sitting? Before I went, I called the guys at Asbury. Answered all my questions, great guy. I'm at 4 inches, just go anywhere. Gave me all the measurements to go by.

Back