• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mako mfg

jayuu

NAXJA Forum User
i got a thermostat housing that will supposedly make me run cooler. i put it on and it leaked squirted af from the bottom. so i took it off cleaned the surfaces real well used som more rtv in the leaky spot put back on. still leaked. repated taking off and putting on about 5 times. finally i felt like making my jeep run somewhat cool so i took it off again. put it on a falt window and waht do you know it rocked back and forth. so i took a file to it and made it flat stuck it back on and walla! my jeep stays under 210. im happy for my jeep now. and if you buy that product from there make sure its flat the first time.

I looked at some parts for my XJ on Ebay from MAKO MFG. After reading there feedback, I decided not to deal with them. Seems they have had many problems making people happy.

helix said:
ive ordered straight from macos site and im happy with their service and products :)

x2, mako does not make most of their parts but has vendors like the rest fo us and ocassionally you get a falult part....Hessco is no different. I have had to return a waterpump from them for the same reason..was not flat and woud not seal correctly

x3...I've ordered a few things from them with no problems. I believe that some of their parts are made by RE and Daystar, among others.

I bought some coil spacers from them and got em within the week. I then bought some LCA's from them, then learned that they were junk, and it took a MONTH for them to finally cancel my order.

mako stiffed me out of a part and money. unresponsive to all emails and phone calls. I bought about 10 parts from him spending nearly $1000 and then he stiffed me like some chump over a $60 part. still in dispute with ebay since october.

bholt5035 said:
mako stiffed me out of a part and money. unresponsive to all emails and phone calls. I bought about 10 parts from him spending nearly $1000 and then he stiffed me like some chump over a $60 part. still in dispute with ebay since october.

funny I called and talked to them yesterday.........what part? what auction#? what is your ebay user name?

A longer slip yoke from a 95 yj. I returned the part and never got a refund. he quit replying to my emails and quit returning my calls. disputing with ebay. I gave him nearly 60 days to refund my money. tracked the returned part through ups, it was delivered back to his location in utah on october 31, 2005. no refund, no replys, no more spending money with him. I am not worried about it, just chiming in on this thread, speaking my mind. The money isnt the problem its the principle, of treating customers like that. Ebay will take care of it eventually.

could give me a part number for that $10 slip yoke? that would be wonderful, thanx.

did ya post a want ad? I have a few sitting here for old yj's and if you post on any forum you are lookin for one many would gladdy send you one

Back