• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HO/NON HO cherokee? Have searched........

WVXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I want to know which is which? Whats the difference? I was wanting to get a bored tb but most things i've read say they are for HO engines only. High Output, horizontally opposed? I did search, and it's brought up in a few threads but nothing specific.....................thanks in advance for the time, patience, and knowledge

Re: HO/NON HO Cherokee? Have searched........

HO is High Output, I'm not an expert, but some of the differences are a redesigned (bigger) throttle body, redesigned intake and header, different ECU (and sensor set), different cam and some other stuff.

Last edited:
Try searching for "RENIX" (refers to the earlier control system) and comparing it to OBD-I/II (ChryCo or HO - "High Output") here and see what you get. If that doesn't pan out for you, ask again - I'm just too tired to go into it right now...

Technically, the RENIX is a "pre-OBD" system - with all that entails and eliminates. This also means that there is no "readily-available" scan tool for the hobbyist - because it's not OBD compliant...

5-90

Back