• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Hitch

ibjeepin821

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know if a front hitch for a wrangler would fit a cherokee? May be a stupid question but I thought I would just give it a shot. If not then does anyone know where I can one for cheap? thanks in advance.

No one for a Wrangler won't fit. try Quadratec for a front hitch or get tow hooks/brackets from C4x4. That's what I have been using and they run About $75.

word of advice.

DO NOT get the HIDDENHITCH XJ front reciever from Quadratec, it is a poor design and decreases you front clearane by several inches.
spend a few $$ more and find a DRAWTITE front receiver. go to a truck accesory/snow plow shop that sells Drawtite hitches and have them find one for you. it should run around $120 but it is a much stronger part and does not affect clearance at all. i've had both HiddenHitch and Drawtite so i can speak from experience.

Ive got a DRAWTITE on the back of my 91 and love the way it tucks up on it, does the front one tuck up real good, like one for the back?

drifto77 said:
Ive got a DRAWTITE on the back of my 91 and love the way it tucks up on it, does the front one tuck up real good, like one for the back?
yeah, it tucks up very well, heres a pics od sidriptides, look under the licence plate,
standard.jpg

robz95xj said:
yeah, it tucks up very well, heres a pics od sidriptides, look under the licence plate,
standard.jpg

thanks Rob! it's not very well lit but the "box" sits right thru the air-dam right below the bumper. the HiddenHitch will sit BELOW the air-dam and be totally exposed.

also you cant see it here in this pic but it was taken only seconds before i shreded my rear D/shaft. :gag:

ChuckD said:
29397.jpg

I found this WARN one, from the looks, it tucks in real nice but the price is over $150.

where did you find that one? i couldnt find it. is that XJ-specific? i see front swaybar problems with that pic.

I think I will spend a few extra and go with the drawtite for the front. Is it bolt on or am I going to be doing some drilling?

thanks for the advice guys. Is the drawtite bolt on or will I be doing some drilling?

ibjeepin821 said:
thanks for the advice guys. Is the drawtite bolt on or will I be doing some drilling?

Yes you will need to drill holes for 2 bolts,1/2" IIRC,buy a good bit.The front bumper will need to come off also,,6 or 8 bolts.
Wayne

thanks a lot for the heads up man!! Also I was thinking about getting a winch and a whinch adapter and carrier for the hitch. these things okay to winch from??

ibjeepin821 said:
thanks a lot for the heads up man!! Also I was thinking about getting a winch and a whinch adapter and carrier for the hitch. these things okay to winch from??

if your thinkign of winching from it save you money and get winch bumper they will protect your winch/front end much better. carrying a 100lb winch out of the back of your jeep and sliding it into a 2" receiver is just not fun in any off road situation and if you run with the winch in the receiver it is exposed and kills approach angle. winch bumpers are worth them money.

Back