• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's 2.5 Add-a Leaf + 0.75" extended Shackles

Huy V. Le

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone has a setup like this: 2.5" Add a Leaf + Rusty's 0.75" extended Shackles, How does it feel on the road and off-road?

The front is already equiped with RE 3.5" Spring, even with a heavy bumper, the back is still lower than the front.

Why not going with a 3.5" Full pack rear leaf? Well because the jeep is already equiped with the Add a Leaf and not enough money for now.

Longer Shackles help to increase flex, so it will be great off-road, but how about on the road?

Thanks,

Vieto

IcedXJ said:
whatever you do do not get add-a-leaf. it sags after a month or two of use. it is the worst.

As writen in the previous post, the jeep is already equiped with the add-a leaf.

Regards,

Vieto

oh, well i made the same mistake...it would ride fine on road since you are asking. The shackles will just sit you up higher. It should ride just fine otherwise..

First off rustys doesn't make a 2.5" kit (correct me if im wrong). They do however make a 1.75" kit.

I would save up for the money of full spring kits. I would not run anything else. Rustys does do a good job with their kits too IMHO.
save, save, save, save, and save. You will be glad you did. :D

helix said:
First off rustys doesn't make a 2.5" kit (correct me if im wrong). They do however make a 1.75" kit.

I would save up for the money of full spring kits. I would not run anything else. Rustys does do a good job with their kits too IMHO.
save, save, save, save, and save. You will be glad you did. :D

Yes, I know the Jeep should have been equiped with a Full Pack, this is what I would have recommended if the budget was there.

By the way, Rusty's do have 2.5" Add a leaf (Not as a Kit), anyway, like written in the post, the Jeep is already equiped with a 2.5" Add a leaf, and I'm looking to add a bit more in the back to level with the front.

As IcedXJ experienced, It should be fine on the road. Anyone else has experience that setup.

As soon as the Leaf pack will sag, it will be replaced by a 2.5" Full pack from SDL Suspension.

Regards,

Vieto

I ran his 2" aal with that same shackle for about a year. It was fine on road, not bad off road either. The above set up with trimmed fenders & 31's.
IMG15.jpg

JIM.

how much are you going to be paying for this set up you are talking about? If it's near 200 dollars, spend the extra and visit this site:

http://www.creaseyoffroad.com/

they carry rock krawler stuff and you can rip out your old pack with the aal and put in their 4.5 full pack for 249 for the pair... just a thought

LilRedRover said:
how much are you going to be paying for this set up you are talking about? If it's near 200 dollars, spend the extra and visit this site:

http://www.creaseyoffroad.com/

they carry rock krawler stuff and you can rip out your old pack with the aal and put in their 4.5 full pack for 249 for the pair... just a thought
The way I read his post is everything is already on the jeep except the shackles. JIM.

ILLXJ said:
I ran his 2" aal with that same shackle for about a year. It was fine on road, not bad off road either. The above set up with trimmed fenders & 31's.
JIM.

Thanks, I hope to keep that setup for about 3 years, Hopefully it won't sag during that period.

Vieto

Right now I have the RE 2.5" AAL and spacers up front. I am looking into getting rustys helper leaf for an extra inch out back and a set of up country coils for the front. Just a thought...

Back