• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender flares for 97+

NCXJMAN

NAXJA Forum User
I want to get fender flares for my 2000 xj, and really like the look of the pocket flare bushwackers but they dont make them for my year model jeep, I was wondering if anybody knew of some good looking flares for my jeep. besides the tj flares.

The bushwackers will work, you just have to watch out for the washer bottle in the front and trim the rear bumper caps. Besides that, they work. I had them on my 97.

I also know bushwackers fit on all XJ, with modification, but I also know from experience they aren't as "forgiving" as other flares. I have cracked two sets with very minor run ins with sapling trees. I hear the Rustys are more forgiving and I am installing TJ flares this weekend. Just my .02

I have actually heard the same thing of Rusty's older flares, but rumor has it they have changed the material they use and it's more of a "besttop flare" material. If I had a TJ that is by far the choice I would make for flares. I have seen them pushed clear under the fender on a TJ and not leave a mark out on the trail. I just wish besttop made XJ flares, cause I would be first on the list.

321906245GWYdyj_ph.jpg

LilRedRover said:
I have actually heard the same thing of Rusty's older flares, but rumor has it they have changed the material they use and it's more of a "besttop flare" material. If I had a TJ that is by far the choice I would make for flares. I have seen them pushed clear under the fender on a TJ and not leave a mark out on the trail. I just wish besttop made XJ flares, cause I would be first on the list.

That sounds good to me, might be worth a look. He is usually pretty reasonable on his prices.

NCXJMAN said:
I want to get fender flares for my 2000 xj, and really like the look of the pocket flare bushwackers but they dont make them for my year model jeep, I was wondering if anybody knew of some good looking flares for my jeep. besides the tj flares.

If your just refering to the cut out bushwackers....they are the same as a pre 96 xj except you have to be aware of the washer fluid bottle on the drivers side fender when your cutting....

My buddy also ran Bushwackers on his 2000...

ed2.jpg

The trip after this, though, they were shattered/cracked pretty bad, and they won't sell him replacement fronts, just the whole set, so he's looking for other options.

Back