• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender Trimming

XJ1998JEEP

NAXJA Forum User
I've got 98 xj with a 3" Rough Country lift and 31"x10.50" 15 BFG A/T KOs on factory 15x7 jeep wheels. my problem is the tires are rubbing when I flex. So I was wondering if any body would know what I have to remove or cut and how much to solve this problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

search. hundreds of threads and info on it. check out FitchVa's writeup

Chris

XJ1998JEEP said:
I've got 98 xj with a 3" Rough Country lift and 31"x10.50" 15 BFG A/T KOs on factory 15x7 jeep wheels. my problem is the tires are rubbing when I flex. So I was wondering if any body would know what I have to remove or cut and how much to solve this problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

If your rubbing with a 3" lift on 31x10.50 on factory wheels then a) you really don't have 3" lift or b) you are hitting at the top of the flex which means you don't have proper bump stops.

You also didn't mention if the rub is in front or back or even both. Front rub on the control arm would be normal and even a little bit on front rear skirt (and both are when on tight turns).

Back