• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drop pitman arm questions with some pics.

Rem870XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 5.5 RE lift with 33" tires first off. My draglink is hitting my passenger side quick disconnect right where it connects to the tie rod pretty good when I turn right. I was on here awhile back and I learned that the trackbar and draglink need to be parallel. Vertically I assume, from commons sense. Ok so here is the deal, if I drop my pitman arm (one on now is a grand cherokee arm)to get my draglink to clear my disconnect when its hooked up, what do I need to do to the trackbar to get them back in parallel? I have a adjustable trackbar (all are I think). Can some adjustments on that get the trackbar in line with the draglink after the pitman is used or do I need to mess with something else, I can;t see how adjusting the trackbar would do anything. I know bumpsteer will occur if I don't have them parallel and I think I have alittle now actually. Here are the pics and any help is GREATLY apprecaited. YOu guys are the best.
100_0891.jpg

100_0890.jpg

100_0889.jpg

ok take those pics ya have and put them in ms paint draw a straight line from the mounting bolt on the axle to the mounting bolt on the frame (tracbar) now do the same thing but for the draglink from the bolt attachment point on the knuckle to the attachment point on the pitman arm. these are the lines you want to be parallel. when these two are not parallel it causes bump steer, as they are on much different arcs.

now the rubbing may be fixed by a drop arm but will prob still rub at pass droop redrilling or relocating the swaybar mount may be the best alternative.

looks like ya might be able to bend the thing back slightly too

Last edited:
Back