• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 lower control arm brackets

xjbubba

NAXJA Member # 1524
Building a re-tubed '79 F150, shortened to '80's Wagoneer front axle dimensions. LCA brackets are made from 3/16x3x3 tubing. The distance between the "pumpkin" and the driver's side inner "c" is less than a stock D30 axle. Although I had no problem setting my spring pads to D30 width (36inches), my LCA brackets are set a 1/2" wider than the D30. The driver's side bracket sets against the pumpkin, and I've set the passenger bracket an equal distance from the passenger inner "C" to keep things centered. The D30 is 30" between the LCA brackets, measured from inside the inside edges, taken at the top of the bracket, where it attaches to the axle. My new brackets (currently only tacked in place) measure 30.5". Is that 1/2" (1/4" each side) going to be a problem? Moving the driver's side bracket 1/4" inward would be a bitch!

Back