• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Jeeper formerly known as "lockedstock94"

pdxxjnoob said:
Yeah, tight new name. cool that you got custom plates too.
Thanks, man. Phil has ECKSJAY on his plates too.... Let's make it a NWC thing! And just think, someday you'll have to take the "noob" out of your name.

hards91xj said:
Had to change your name to protect the innocent ?
Innocent? Here? Ha!

-----Matt-----

so...is this Matt's new Avatar?
2179_logo.gif

Yeah, but then there isn't the "XJ" in the title.

I was thinking something like VIDEOXJ (cause i'm a film major and hope to outfit my rig with cameras) or something like DVXJ (Digital Video XJ).

Last edited:
pdxxjnoob said:
(cause i'm a film major and hope to outfit my rig with cameras) or something like DVXJ (Digital Video XJ).
Hi,

Do you have any particular ideas on what kind of cameras, where to buy ?
I was thinking about it a couple of years ago, but never did anything for it.

Thank you,
Andrey

Sorry, It's all scatter-brained:

Outfitting the jeep with even one mini DV camera could be somewhat pricey. I currently have a low-end miniDV JVC video camera, and was thinking of pulling the top portion of my snorkel off. I could then buy a piece of T shaped pipe, and fit it on top of that. Wedge my miniDV camera in there, and fasten it on. I would get one of those 12v lighter to 120w power converters, to power my camera, and activate the record with my remote.

Other than that, I was working on (conceptually thus far) fabricating some flat circular magnet pads that would hold a small surveillence type camera, almost spy size; that would hook up to a VCR I would have rcording in my XJ. I was hoping maybe one on the side passenger door and one on the roof. They would be sleek and rounded to prevent being pulled off with trail dmg. I have no proto-types yet, but a video trail rig would be bad ass.

pdxxjnoob said:
I don't understand.
A little obscure, sorry. Re the the spy-camera thing.... NSA: National Security Agency (agency in charge of electronic surveillance). NRO: National Reconnaissance Office (in charge of satellites and visual surveillance.) I love personalized plates that make you think a little bit to get them.... I saw a great one the other day: CZECHM8.

-----Matt-----

pdxxjnoob said:
Outfitting the jeep with even one mini DV camera could be somewhat pricey. I currently have a low-end miniDV JVC video camera, and was thinking of pulling the top portion of my snorkel off. I could then buy a piece of T shaped pipe, and fit it on top of that. Wedge my miniDV camera in there, and fasten it on. I would get one of those 12v lighter to 120w power converters, to power my camera, and activate the record with my remote.

Naa. I am thinking the camera should go inside, it should be something connected to a computer, constantly recording, deleting old stuff, unless it's backed up. I originally did not intend it for trail use. May be more like a police dash camera.

I just found this video, you might want to check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/w/offroading?v=N6jevPfnbpk&search=offroad

Back