• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cracked injectors

littlebluexj

NAXJA Forum User
I removed my heat shield about a year ago and since then I have cracked 4 injectors where they meet the pigtail. now I have got to wondering could the heatshild not being there cause this because it didn't have the problems when it was there or is there a bigger problem.

While the removal of the heat shield may not be helping, I doubt it's really causing the problem. The fact that you had a heat shield at all tells me you're running a '90 or older Jeep, and the fact is the injectors simply don't last forever. It's been covered here in depth in the past but I believe the expected life span is around 150K. Failure around the electrical connector is the norm. The problem seems to be accelerated by disturbing them, which you have by replacing those 4. This is why most people recommend changing all of them when one starts leaking. We had 2 leaking on our '89 last year, after removing the rail to replace them we had 3 more leaking. Wound up replacing them all and are now leak free.

ok I replaced all of them less then a month ago and in two weeks i had two leak on oposite sides of the rail and they leak at the plastic peace.my thought is that it is the heat that is making them brital replacing them once a month isn't going to work.

the life of injectors have been covered but not this problem.

it is an 88 with the 4.0
has hood vents also.

Back