• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no oil pressure

8msteam

NAXJA Forum User
my oil pressure gauge says i have no oil pressure but i'm not low on oil and the jeep seems to be running fine. it has been like this for 3 days and i have driven to school and back each day with no proulbms or overheating or strange noises from the motor. is this a bad gague or is it somthing worse and how can i fix it.

I'd check the connection @ the sending unit, then try replacing sending unit located on engine block. If still no go, look @ gauge.

Rob

got to be your gage/sending unit -- 3 days without oil pressure and it would no longer be running at all, let alone "fine"...

think about changing the o-rings in your oil filter adapter too, if those are shot it can throw off the oil pressure reading since the sender is right there.

mine has been reading low for a while so i changed mine on saturday, then changed the oil, and the pressure at the shot up right away.

I had a failed Fram oil filter cause a 0 pressure reading at idle. It would creep up a bit as the RPM increased, but not much.
Jeep on!
--Pete

mine is the oppsite when i frist start it the oil pressure is fine then when i put it in gear or let it idol for so lond it will go to 0 and stay their i'll check the o rings and the oil filter

My pressure was acceptible until the engine warmed up.
Jeep on!
--Pete

My guage hasn't worked right in over a year. It's my sending unit, and I'd imagine it's yours, too.

For the record, it decides whether it wants to read anything or not at startup, and even when it does read pressure, it's inaccurate (at best).

8msteam said:
my oil pressure gauge says i have no oil pressure but i'm not low on oil and the jeep seems to be running fine. it has been like this for 3 days and i have driven to school and back each day with no proulbms or overheating or strange noises from the motor. is this a bad gague or is it somthing worse and how can i fix it.

Probably a bad gauge sending unit. Takes about two minutes to replace. If you really did have zero oil pressure your engine would have seized by now.

Back