• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel rail quick disconnect

grundan

NAXJA Forum User
how many o-rings are in the quick disconnect on the fuel pressure line/supply?
I put mine back on last night and when the line pressurized it was spilling fuel big time. pulled it back apart and found 1 red/orange o-ring in the fitting.
wasn't sure if there is only 1?

when replacing, does it fit onto the metal fuel line or go into the connector on the rubber line?

and lastly, does anyone know the napa number for this o-ring or the size and material?

87 4.0

Two, along with a Nylon spacer ring.

The kit (which, as far as I know, is still OEMR only - anyone have any luck finding it in the aftermarket?) comes with the two o-rings, the Nylon spacer, a new Nylon "ear" clip, and an installation mandrel - you make sure all the parts are out of the "female" end, press the kit in until it clicks, and remove the mandrel.

This kit should be replaced EVERY time the fuel rail is disconnected - especially if you unjook it long enough for the o-rings to dry out! Expect to pay about $15 for it OEMR/Dealership - several of us are still working on a second source. I'll typically buy several at a time...

5-90

Carquest and Standard Motor sale an aftermarket one under part # HK7 ...
The OEMR # is 83502745

Best price i have seen is chryslerpartsdirect.com for aroudn 12-13

HK7.jpg

This is a pic of the Standard Motor aftermarket one

I bought a set of quick connects at Auto Zone none of which work...went to a dealer and theirs was $25.00 for 1...that sucker didn't work either...Went back to dealer(couldn't get money back,FUBARED the "new" connector..)was telling service mgr about the problem....there was one of the techs listening..he asked me what year...walked off came back with 4 different ones put em in my hand and said 1 of these HAS to work:
one was blue
one was green
one was whitw
one was black...
The green one was the right one....Were no part #s or anything....

thanks, I went to napa and bought a quick disconnect o-ring kit last night. it was $8 for 4 o-rings. 2 were the right size the others were too small to use. the o-ring closest to the opening was the culprit that was torn and causing the leak. fished a new one back in there and plugged it up and no leaks so far.
the ones I got were orange. I meant to bring the little paper with part number to work with me but forgot it.
btw, got my heap started up last night. first time since having torn the head off to replace lifters. ( no oiling on top side)
fired up the engine and it was good to see the oil come pumping up thru the pushrods.......now it is running very rich? time to do some reading and figger this one out..
thanks

Are there replaceable o-rings in the quick disconnect for a '96? The FSM makes no reference to replacing o-rings after disconnecting. Thanks

Seems that as long as the O rings aren't broken or been pinched they should be alright....but personally I would replace them anyway....my... .02

might want to look in the "HELP!" section of your local parts store. I saw that they had a few of those disconnects there the last time I looked. I don't know if they have the proper ones though.

I know if I have to pull mine apart again I'm seriously thinking about flaring the tube on the fuel rail and making a hose using a JIC fitting.

When I replaced the fuel injectors on mine, I tore the one on the fuel supply line. I was able to find a pack of o-rings at a local parts store for less than $5. I took the old one down with me and matched it. I was a little more careful inserting the end the second time and it worked OK.

As the others have said. as long as the spacer and lock are OK.

Back