• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCROffroad steering conversion

Rockhound

NAXJA Forum User
i know someone on here had purchased this kit for their TJ sometime back. has anyone put one on an XJ yet? i really need to do something about my steering. i'm either going to try and locate some old linkage that will get me by till i can buy a new truck, or i'm keeping the jeep and doing a conversion. let me know your thoughts. i need to do this soon!!
TIA

Rockhound said:
i know someone on here had purchased this kit for their TJ sometime back. has anyone put one on an XJ yet? i really need to do something about my steering. i'm either going to try and locate some old linkage that will get me by till i can buy a new truck, or i'm keeping the jeep and doing a conversion. let me know your thoughts. i need to do this soon!!
TIA

How about a link or a picture?

Edit: Nevermind, found it.

Last edited:
I've had it on my XJ for close to a year now. Definitely made the front end feel tighter on rough pavement. I had it installed at their facility, so there was no problems with installation. :laugh3:

I have no complaints.

329103084_16A64F6216BF7DFC9F9FFD415BC4D900.JPG

Timmay said:
Did they raise your trackbar up at the axle end at all Frank?

It kinda looks like they did but I can't tell.

No...the track bar is in it's stock axle location.

FrankNBrew said:
No...the track bar is in it's stock axle location.

Cool. Any bumpsteer issues? Looks like they ran the steering under the knuckle to help with it. I'm going to make my own setup and i'm wondering if I should bother with moving my trackbar bracket or not.

Timmay said:
Cool. Any bumpsteer issues? Looks like they ran the steering under the knuckle to help with it. I'm going to make my own setup and i'm wondering if I should bother with moving my trackbar bracket or not.

No issues at all. I did have a slight "torque steer" feel at first. The vehicle would pull slightly left on acceleration, and slightly right on braking. I found the toe was toed out a bit. I set the toe so it was toed in a bit and everything has been fine since.

FrankNBrew said:
No issues at all. I did have a slight "torque steer" feel at first. The vehicle would pull slightly left on acceleration, and slightly right on braking. I found the toe was toed out a bit. I set the toe so it was toed in a bit and everything has been fine since.

Awesome, thanks man. Looks like that's my next project. :wave:

Back