• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Horn doesn't work

88XJSport

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 88 xj and the horn does not work when pressed. I hear a clicking under the dash, but cannot locate the fuse or relay. When the relay is clicking it is good right??? Anything else i should do to get it working again? Thanks

try taping it w/ a hammer lightly on allsides

my horn didnt work for awhile the my auto teacher toldme that somthing in the horn can get stuck and if u tap it w/ a hammer it breaks it lose

my horn is working now

nick

the serach feature is your friend, There have been dozens of horn doesn't work threads lately.
Things to check right off.
Jumper 12v directly to the horn from the battery. Make sure that the horn actually works before you go tearing into wires. The relay clicking is a good thing.
Check all the grounds for the horn. Pull it off the mount, clean up the bare metal, put it back together with some Ox-guard.
Use a voltmeter and attache it to the horns positive wire, have someone lean into the button and see if you get 12V.
Let us know the results.

Back