• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power wire to stereo...Fused??

SCW

NAXJA Forum User
I'm not getting any power from the battery to my head unit, but I am getting power through the ignition. Is the battery line fused? If so, where?

I'm about [...] this close to simply running a new wire up to the stereo, but I'm sure it must be a stupid fuse, I can't see any burned fuses on the panel though.

I know this sounds crazy, but have you actually pulled the RADIO fuse(on the fuse panel), and looked at it -- or measured it?

Also, some OE radios had a fuse it the back -- you will need to pull the radio.

SCW said:
I'm not getting any power from the battery to my head unit, but I am getting power through the ignition. Is the battery line fused? If so, where?

I'm about [...] this close to simply running a new wire up to the stereo, but I'm sure it must be a stupid fuse, I can't see any burned fuses on the panel though.
Ah what year bubba?

Sorry, forgot the cardinal rule about years- it's a '92.

I pulled the "radio" fuse, ignition accesory fuse and pretty much every other fuse, can't find a blown one. I afro-engineered a by-pass to at least get battery power to the head unit, seems to be working but I still can't find any reason for the harness not to have power.

Back