• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

258 Crankshaft for 4.0 Stroker Question...

Terd

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 258 Crankshaft, can you guys tell me what I will need to do as far as mods to the shaft itself in order to use it in the build of a 4.0 stroker... At lunch I can get any and all numbers off of the shaft to aid in my request...my current motor is '92 4.0 HO FWIW....TIA
-Terd...

I appreciate the info...however it seems like I heard that the snout had to be modified in order to accept the harmonic balancer off of the 4.0, or is there an alternative or is what I heard correct??? TIA...
-Terd

Hesco makes and sells a spacer that positions the front pulley correctly, if you have the long snout crankshaft. It's an option to having the nose cut back, but if it is going to the machine shop for a grind anyway, might be less hassle to cut it.

Thanks alot guys...you have helped me out alot...the casting number is 3235477 so, spacer or cut down the snout will have to be the way for me...it seems like the heavier crankshaft is alot heavier, I wonder what are the pros and cons to the lighter crankshaft??? Thanks again guys...
-Terd

Disregard the last post, I saw the cool little link below my thread that answers all my questions regarding my last post... TIA guys...
-Terd

Back