• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

good game bad luck for me

nitrospeed

NAXJA Forum User
So i go to leave where I was watching the game, and I have no lights. I noticed the wire going to my under hood light was smashed in the hinge,bare wire showing ect. Could that have blown a fuse that supplies power to the head lights,tail,brake and dash. I know that this should be in another section, but i have to go to work in the morning and was looking for some help with the locals. Plus every thing worked well until tonight and i did check my oil at the gas station on the way overthere

Thank you so much for not yelling at me for the post I really need the help right now. It runs perfect but has no dash,head , tail, runningor brake lights. I just drove home with a friend in front of me and behind me with my kcs on

I checked the fuses first and found the brake fuse shorted. So i replaced it but still no power to any lights . When we were looking for the problem I saw that when i shut the hood earlier i smashed the under hood light wire in the hood hinge to were bare wire was showing. after i drove it like that Unknowingly of corse i had the problem with no lights Maybe a fusable link/???

Im with Rich..check all fuses. Also just to eliminate that wire splice it back together. Are yor gages working OK aside from the lights?

crap, how about all of your relays? did you check them too?

Even though those wires should be unrelated, a short is not a good thing! Fix that first and double check your fuses again. I wouldn't think that the power would backfeed and pop your running light fuse.... but the Seahawks did win.... (sorry, couldn't resist)

Hmm... gauges work, but I think those are on a seperate fuse....
The relay is a good place to look too. Hopefully someone will chime in that has had this problem before or at least recently. Fuses and relays...
So, none of your running lights are on either or is it just your headlights?

fuses selfexplanatory. But i dont know what relays to check or how to find them. I took of the plastic cover under the hood behind the battery and i see some metal flasher things all in a row under it but i dont know if that is what i am looking for

Well, I don't have my book with me here... in Ephrata, it is back in Spokane. I can go look under the hood of my 90' but I am hoping you find someone that has one.
I still think it is a fuse or two....

If it is a relay, you are SOL until a parts store opens, unless you happen to have a spare or a friend with one... Good luck and keep looking around!

Yes. I just checked the fuse box with the ign on with a test light and i am not getting power to the brake fuse, ist cluster fuse or the running lamp fuse. So I think that means somthing under the hood

Check the fusible link, near the battery, coming off the power distribution bolt. You'll likely find one that looks different than the rest. You'll need to splice in a new one. They cost close to nothing at the parts store, buy a couple extra. Or you can splice in a much smaller section of wire and hope it melts before the wiring harness does.

Back