• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

please help me look for problem

nitrospeed

NAXJA Forum User
Just went to watch seahawks kick but and came out to drive 89 jeep home and no lights..... Drove home with the kcs on no tails dash or hed lghts. I noticed that when i shut the hood at the gas station today i crimped the wire going to the under hood light in the metal hinge. bare wire ect. could that have blown a main fuse to all the lighting/// Please help i have to go to work in the morning

The fuse link is red or green, it's on the starter relay (Big post) the breaker is built into the switch.
The fuse link feeds the Head light switch and the stop haszard/stop fuse

yes, this is probably your problem, I had a blown front parking light causing me problems with this fuse blowing. I would fix that wire first - how did it get up there by the hood? I dont think mine runs by there. Put anew fuse in and try to trun on the lights. A positive touching a ground will blow the fuse.

When my fuse blew, I still had the primary headlights working as they were on a seperate fuse.

My headlight switch just suddenly went tango unifrom on me (no warning) and a new one cured that problem. If the lights were on (daytime running) when you turned the key, an alternator power spike could blow them out.

Back