• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

88 renix 4.0 into a 97???

Barger

NAXJA Forum User
I'm planning on pulling a 4.0 out of an 88 and putting it into the 97 if that's possible. I've searched with no luck. The plan is to keep the jeep running while I build the 97 4.0 into a stroker, probably take me awhile to get the stroker built. Is this more trouble then it's worth??
The 88 has the AW-4 and the 97 an AX-15 I did manage to find out I'll need a different bearing on the crank to mate the tranny.

Any help is appreciated thanks

I wouldn't even think about it unless the 88 was in running condition. either way your going to have to swap over basically the ENTIER electronic system, sensors, computers, the whole shebang, plus your probably going to have to have to remove most of your 97 Cryco ECU system. Your best bet would be finding a 91+ H.O engine, it would make an easier swap, since these engines are much more alike.

Back