• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift almost done, need spring bolt help..

hippymill

NAXJA Forum User
Down to the last bolt. Its the forward leaf spring bolt. Unscrewed out of the captured nut in the frame, then twists in the bushing. Bolt seems hung up on the sleeve, and can't figure a way to get it out. Tried prying, heating, etc, to no avail. Whats next, cut it with a sawzall?

hippymill said:
Down to the last bolt. Its the forward leaf spring bolt. Unscrewed out of the captured nut in the frame, then twists in the bushing. Bolt seems hung up on the sleeve, and can't figure a way to get it out. Tried prying, heating, etc, to no avail. Whats next, cut it with a sawzall?

are yoiu positive that the bolt is seperated from the capture nut??

possible that the last threads on the bolt broke the welds

I ask cause the same thing happened to me and it was in fact the nut spinning on the last threads of the bolt..

I would drill 2 holes near the capture nut , one to peek at it and one for light to get in (place a flashlight over it )

wont hurt anything ..and if it is the nut ..you have a place to peel back the metal .. to get a new nut and wrench in there to hold it..

Back