• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Underdrive pulleys???

94_2wdcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all I got a 2wd 4.0 HO can i buy underdrive pulleys for it?? I have looked and looked and i havent found anything yet. If u know where u can buy some or maybe u have some i would be willing to buy. What is the cheapest 31' 10.50 on 15" rim mudd tire can i buy?? All Help will be appreciated

Dylan

Making a prerunner?

You might try Hesco or do some digging on your own. You might be able to find the power steering pump and alternator pulley's on something else.

I wouldn't suggest spinning the water pump any slower though. It seems like everyone has plenty of colling issue's without the water pump spinning 25% as fast.

Later,
Lincoln

underdrive is just that, it underdrives ur accessories, like water pump alternator Power steering etc. So they run slower

if I were you dylan, I would waist my money on something else.

Like a throttle body spacer, or bored out throttle body or a K&N filter, something like that,

Underdrive pullys for jeeps are major Bling:rolleyes: they cost 2 much and they dont do a whole lot of cr*p (more bad than good IMHO). save up and get a locker or something that goes along with your lift, hate to fellow jeepers waist money on stupid sh*t.:(

Last edited:
Most axles come with an open differential from the factory, which means that the wheels can spin at different speeds to make the vehicle handle better around turns on pavement where the wheels spin in different arcs and thus travel different lengths in a turn. The problem is that when you take it off-road, only one tire has to lose traction for the other to spin, because the force goes to the tire with the least resistance, which would be the one spinning. A locker replaces the open differential, and when locked it sends 50% of the power to each wheel, traction or no traction. Off-road this means that if one of your wheels is spinning, the wheel with traction will still continue to push you forward. There's more to it, and there are more than one type of locker, but that's a summary of the basics.

I've got underdrive pullies on my Mustang. If I had it to do over again,I'd have spent the money somewhere else. Temps are higher,volts are lower (WAY lower with A/C running and headlights on while sitting at traffic lights--around 8-9 volts). Mine are the "power and amp" type,which doesn't underdrive the alternator as much as normal. I'd hate to see the volts of the normal underdrive sets.

Georgia Mike said:
I've got underdrive pullies on my Mustang. If I had it to do over again,I'd have spent the money somewhere else. Temps are higher,volts are lower (WAY lower with A/C running and headlights on while sitting at traffic lights--around 8-9 volts). Mine are the "power and amp" type,which doesn't underdrive the alternator as much as normal. I'd hate to see the volts of the normal underdrive sets.

LOL:laugh:, underdrive kits were never ment for daily drivers. 99% of all underdrive kit sold go to pro street(where tha name of the game is to get as much ponies as possible) cars of some sort that people build as a hobby/weekend car. never ment for a daily driver.

its like getting 33" drag slicks on your daily driver and wonder why it hands like crap on a wet or bumpy road. ofcourse it makes you go a bit faster, but return not really worth it

Last edited:
94_2wdcherokee said:
kamirxj what is a locker?

Dylan,
Judging from the question u just asked you dont know much, atleast not in the 4x4 world.

I suggest you put asside a good day and use the search button up top. No punt intended so dont get offended;). there has to be a newbie thread around here somewhere, find it, read it. also there is good info on Pirate4x4.com (but grow some skin first ;))usually in general 4x4, they got a newbie section. like I said, read as much as you can and soak up as much as possible it will open your eyes to a whole new world.

whatever you do though dont belive everything you read. there is alot of people here that come from other forums (hint JU hint)and most of them are on the :geek: bandwagon and only spew out popular internet knowhow.

Good luck:)

The underdrive pullies I have WERE in fact intended for street use. The drag applications use a crank pulley that is only about 2" in diameter,and an alternator pulley about 3" in diameter. Go out and do YOUR OWN searches on a subject before you spit out anymore SPOBI :laugh:

And P.S.-My 'Stang's not my daily driver,although it could be if I wanted it to be.:rolleyes:

Back