• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Windows Wont Work!

jeepcherokee95

NAXJA Forum User
I am working on the wifes ZJ; its a 94 4.0 and none of the windows will work!

I have checked the fuse panel in the right side of the dash and checked the "breaker things" in the block as well they show continuity with the meter. I have checked the fuse block under the hood behind the battery and all show good but not sure how to check the relays even though they look like they have nothing to do with it.

I don't have a FSM for this vehicle ( one of my resolutions ) yet but can anyone tell me where else to start? I know I am working on a ZJ but the under hood looks almost identical to my 95 XJ and was hoping for enough simularities for someone here to help.

Thanks

JC95

PS:

They will not work at either the main driver door location or at any door switch.

In my old 94 xj there was a grouping of wires that were bundled and put under hte carpet under the drivers side floor area. What had happened is my feet wore through the wires for the windows and shorted them out. The wires werw large yellow wires that were spliced 2 in to one. Fixed the splice where it wore through and ttey worked fine again. Peel up the carpet onthe drivers side and take a look around.

Eckjay,

I try not to support that brand of windows as they are truly the largest monopoly in the country and possibly the world. I use it but only cause I don't have time to learn to program Linux and make all the other stuff I want to use work.

I like your glock btw... 40cal? Goin shooting later today with my 45 wilson combat CQB. I have had it for 1.5 yrs and just now have been able to make time to go to a real range! Makes a mess out of pop cans though!

JC95

Back