• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

track bar bolt

Apparently, no-one knows...

I've even checked my notes (I'm compiling a "bolt list" for these questions) and it's not on there, either.

Once you find out, would you please PM it to me - along with application info. I'd like to add this one as well. I haven't gotten around to my restomods yet, so I haven't measured them myself.

5-90

of course

my problem is i am getting ready to weld a 1/4" plate on the axle side because the hole has reemed out and i have about 3/16" lateral movement in my front axle. i just need to get a bolt 1/4" longer.

my front end is making extremely loud popping noises and i hope it is coming from the control arms binding from the lateral movement. sounds like the whole front is gonna fall off.

cherowagon said:
anyone know the size of the bolt on the axle side for a d30? Stock bolt.

looking for size and length.

thanks

I remember mine being metric - 10mm would be my guess...

why dont you have the stock one? why dont you measure the hole?

it is still bolted on the jeep and i have to take the jeep to the store to get the new one. i thought i would ask beofre i started unbolting stuff and having to put it back together

IIRC, its the metric size very close to 3/8. So, since there are 25.4 mm per inch, that would be a 10mm bolt, whatever the coarse thread pitch is. How about this... shine a flashlight up into the pocket where the tabbed nut is and see if you have enough extra threads sticking out to accomodate your 1/4" thick repair? Or just buy a few bolts of varying length, its probably somewhere in the 60-80 mm range.

cherowagon said:
i tried looking up there, hard to see. i can now buy different lengths now that i know it is a 10 mm bolt

i would verify that - how hard is it to take it apart, measure it, and put it back in?

I just replaced mine with a new one when I installed my lift. This is what I ordered from Mcmaster since I reused the stock nut tab thing.

Metric Znc Yellow Pltd Stl Hex Head Cap Screw, Class 10.9, M10 Size, 70MM Length, 1.5MM Pitch

I have a whole box of these, so let me know if you need one.

I replaced the stock one with a metric size (stated above) its just a hair bigger and doesnt allow as much play as the stock bolt..I just put a nut up in there and wedged a flathead against the bolt to hold it while torqueing it down..and locktite of course..

ps I did try to drill the the stock bushing out..to hold a 1/2" bolt but the steel in that insert is way to hard ..

Last edited:
Back