• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front driveshaft length

NCCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I swapped my front DS to the rear after my SYE install, while i wait on a new DS. anyways, i'm wondering what the compressed and extended lengths of the front driveshaft is. This is on a 1999 XJ sport, 4.0L, AW4 auto tranny, NP231 tcase, and chrysler 8.25" rear end, 3.5" RE superflex lift. Basically i wanna know if its possible for me to pull the rear slip yoke apart in the DS. Thanks

Kenny

The front DS I am using right now is within .25" of my RE DS. That reminds me I need to get that one rebuilt. JIM.

From the center of the single Ujoint cap the the center of the endmost of the 2 paired Ujoints is 31.5 compressed and 33.5 extended ( 98 4.0L AW4 front DS ).

Does any body remember the measurements you gave to get your DS made and what lift size you had at the time. I am looking into an AA full SYE and the front driveshaft swap but am wondering if the lenght of the front DS is correct for a 3" lift?

ILLXJ what size lift is using the Front DS as a rear DS?

Kenny, what did your lift actually net? More than 3.5?

I am running 6" of lift. My RE shaft was for 5" of lift. HTH. JIM.

I havent really measure it yet. I keep meaning to measure the center of the wheel to the flare, but i'm currently flareless, so i dont know if the fenders themselves would be sufficient, or if that throws if off some. I'll try to do that tomorrow, class from 8am -9pm today.

Back