• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Booty Fab RV A/C Unit

ChuckD

NAXJA Forum User
Last weekend, NeilC and I were coming back from a local pick-a-part and Fresno was and is still freaking HOT!! Anyway, we were talking about installing an external A/C unit to the top of an XJ. Anyone know if these are 12V DC?

I can only think how cold I would be in the middle of the summer, :shiver: , also this would free up the OEM AC for an OBA, ;).

cool idea -

never thought of it before but it sounds like a good idea, I just posted questions in the oem forum about swapping my 90 factory ac out for a late model but i bet this would be easyier/better/cheaper! guess you could get a small unit from an RV place or old rv, Hey if you end up doing it please let us know how it turns out!

That's what Google has found so far,

How about this one

KoolerAire_Introduction.jpg

I know the A/C unit on my parent's Coachman is 110V. Either the generator needs to be running or it need to be plugged in. Maybe look into some marine options, however I think most of those are shore power / generator only units also.

power inverter

I was thinking of installing a power inverter anyway for camping and such ( blender for margerita's, yeah i like roughing it ) if you got one with the right capacity i dont c y it wouldnt work - the hard part may be finding a AC unit small enough to b practical, frost on the inside of your windows in august would not b good.

Back