• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Danner outlet...

GI-John

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone been there? Are the prices worth the 2.5 hour trip down?

I have a pair of Ft Lewis' from 12 years ago that I've just plain worn out and I'm in need of a new pair.

29110.jpg

Also looking for a set of Desert Acadias for work.

26000.jpg

John

Last edited:
John,
I assume it is down South?

If the Danner outlet was up near me I would be more than happy to check/pick them up for you and send them down your way.

Michael

Check Cabela's internet price first before ya drive that far... they beat Danner's advertised (online) prices when I bought mine (both Ft Lewis and Acadias)

<edit> I dont know if Cabelas has the sand color Acadias... I have the black ones<>

I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. The Danner outlet store is in Portland, attached to the factory. It is the only authorized place to buy factory seconds/blems at reduced prices.

If you wait a few more weeks or so, you might be able to catch a good sale. I was driving past them today and their re-locating down Airport Way to 181st. I'll look into it more, but hopefully they'll have an inventory clearance sale or grand re-opening sale. I've been looking to get my Acadias re-soled, so I need to go there anyhow.

GI-John and Woody are the Ft.Lewis boot any good? I have thought about buying a pair lots of times.

2offroad said:
GI-John and Woody are the Ft.Lewis boot any good? I have thought about buying a pair lots of times.

ABSOLUTELY!

A good pair of boots are essential. Mine have been used and abused from desert to tundra, resoled 3x, and keep going. I'm replacing because the leather is just too scratched and cut. Once you finally make the plunge, you'll kick yourself for waiting so long.

Make sure that you get properly sized first. Do so after a long day on your feet to get a good idea of how much your feet swell during the day. A good insole is a major plus too. Danners come with a plastic orthotic insert, but I don't care for them. I have had excellent results with SOLE custom footbeds.

Pricey, yes....worth it....without a doubt. Many knee, hip, and back problems can be attributed to poor footwear.

This is coming from a guy that has lived in boots for the last 17.5 years. (Army)

John

Thanks, I thought that they were good but did not know anybody with a pair, so did not know how good are bad they were.

Danners are the best boots i have ever used, hunting, construction, on the ranch and now in the marine corps, the outlet store is on airport way east from the airport, and it is worth the trip especially if you run down there for some other people to pay for the gas.

yeah the danner outlet is really good. i always get the factory seconds they are just as good at about half the price. im still growing so i dont usually have them long enough to wear them out. but i always get the bigger size so i can get about 2-2.5 years before i grow out of them and they are just getting worn on the heel, really good craftsman ship. definatly worth the drive.

Just an FYI, careful what you buy there.

My brother in-law got a pair there once and the boot leather quickly broke down and started cracking. He tried to return them and the store told him that since they were factory seconds and they were built with defective leather, they couldn't take them back. He was stuck with a useless pair of boots and out the $. Last time I stopped in there they had a sign pretty much stating that they won't accept returns due to defective material.

Remember that there may be a reason why the pair of boots is in the outlet store and not selling at retail.

over here on the eastern side my friends bought their's at Big R...kind of the equivalent to a tractor supply (if you are from the southern US)....other than that, its a western outlet/feed/whatever ya need store, the prices there arent bad either.

Back