• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new rear brakeline

the_chief

NAXJA Forum User
i searched dudes, even yahoo and google, which coincidentally led me here :wave: . I did an axle swap on my 88 xj. I don't see how the brake line fitting threads or otherwise goes into the block on the axle. mine has the weird crimp and no threads on the end of the flexible hose, vise grips? Basically my brake line is severed between the axle and the bracket on the body, i need to fix this, then I am back off the jackstands. please help.

thanks you guys, naxja rules.

(ps anyone reading this put your drink in the air and cyber cheer the naxja community)

The rubber line does not come off of the block on the axle. A new line will come with the vent block attached. JIM.

I'm sort of thread jacking. What is the rubber line that comes off the block on the axle and goes to the frame. I need to change lines for a swap. I was going to use the line on the new axle and just replace the flex line, but my new line on the axle doesn't have the rubber hose going to the frame. Thanks

ya, I have a 2000 D35. I thought that is what it was. It doesn't look like brakes, it's just a rubber hose. I did look for my vent line to comfirm, but I'll go check it out. My oint to all this is i won't worry about it cause my new axle has a vent on the diff. Thanks

Back