• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I was thinking... (oh-no!)

JLane99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Friday evening at crawford's (before dark) a young couple came in that were driving a '99, Black Sport on on BFG AT 31s haven't heard anyone mention wether or not they rode on Sat. how they faired or what..

Does anybody know who i'm talking bout??

mostly stock other than a 3"+/- lift & the 31s Black Sport??

Lane, they were in our group on Sat, they did just fine. He had a grin on his face all day, not too sure about the wife, but she didn't look utterly displeased. They made it safely off the trails, that I know, other than that, I couldn't say. Peace

Ary

Hey I think you are talking about me...except I met JLane Sat morn. We had a great time. My fiance learned that NAXJA isn't a bunch of rednecks, and I got to put the XJ to the test. I've done every mod (and repair) myself so I was really pleased with how well it worked.

JLane - thanks for the reassurances Sat morn. at Crawfords...it did go pretty much everywhere the bigger ones did.

To everyone else we met/rode with - Thanks for a fun day. I will definitely be back for the Oct. run. ( Jamie isn't sure if she wants to do it again though, 5+hrs in the Jeep was a little too long...)

Anyway, my NAXJA membership should be here soon. I've learned a lot from this site over the past few years. I never could done it correctly on my own.

Mike R in WNC

Awesome to hear that Mike!!!

yeah you were right it was Sat AM when we spoke..

i'm glad ya'll had a good ride..
next time get there before the last day..
-- (hint less crowded=more fun)

yeah Naxja isn't just a bunch of RedNecks, but there is a collection of em like myself =)

DriverX said:
My fiance learned that NAXJA isn't a bunch of rednecks,

Except for those who live in old school busses!! LOL

seriously, glad you enjoyed the experiance, my first 'real' off road trip was with NAXJA two years ago at this same event, I had 31's, a winch and a rear locker, and the willingness to try real hard to keep up with the big boys. At the crawl this year I had full width axles and 36's, be carefull, in two years you too could have junk that looks like mine!! :D

You'll never regret being a member of this group.

Mike, were you there last year? I remember meeting a mike with a black XJ identical to mine, but he couldnt wheel it. it was pretty mucha lemon i think? awesome video equipment etc??

A lemon! Hey, not this jeep. Last year I had a BB and 30s with no armor, so I decided to spare myself the damage...Currently, it is at almost 4" w/OME+BB, 31s and all the armor plus some other strong stuff.
It wheeled all day without even a creak, and emerged without a scratch.

I was hoping to wheel with you guys i met last year, but didn't see you there. That shiny black jeep of yours trail ready yet?

-mike

Back