• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick Question! Front Pads...longer on the outside? '89 Laredo

Johnny V

NAXJA Forum User
I'm finishing up my front end work and installing the front disks and pads on my '89 Laredo with No ABS.

Like a jerk I forgot to note the front pad locations. There is a short and long pad but I forgot which one goes where...outside or inside for the longer pad?

Many thanks,

John

I was looking for a good picture and didn't find one. If you notice there are two corners trimmed off of one pad. And if I remember correctly this is the inner pad. The rear pad will only seat *flush* if it's the right one, otherwise it will hit the arms (on the anchor plate) holding the rail (that the pads slide on). The rear pad should fit between the arms holding the rail and not contact the arms.
One of those occasions a picture is worth a thousand words, don't have a good picture.

Figured it out....the longer pad is on the outside...and of course the shorter pad goes inside against the caliper piston.

Actually from the back both sides look almost identical.

I guess the first time I looked I didn't see "wear" marks for the caliper piston on back of the pads...but this time I did for some strange reason...like the sun was out.

Thanks Everyone!

Back