• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

F**king Security Alarm

triple 4

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 91 Larado with a 95 motor and a late 89 early 90 stering column. The locks on the jeep are stock. I need to know how to kill the alarm. If there wires to cut or something, Its my moms and it goes off at random time when she locks it. PLEASE HELP ME!
Holden

- Locate alarm horn.

- Cut wires to alarm horn and tape the ends.

- Problem solved.

FWIW, the last XJ of a similar vintage that I saw with an alarm on it had the alarm horn bolted to the firewall under the hood on the driver's side.

I had a problem with the alarm on my 92 limited, I removed the panel from the rear hatch and spliced the two wires going to the lock cylinder together. This disables the factory alarm system, remote locks still work.

Last edited:
triple 4 said:
What about the lights and I think that it is the stock horn?

Okay, before going any further: are we talking about an actual alarm system or just the horn beep you get from the remote locks? The thread's becoming less and less clear as to which one we may be referring to.

Back