• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yakima and Thule roof racks

Dirt clod

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched quite a few threads regarding roof racks, and very few people have mentioned the Thule or the Yakima. Why is this, is there anything wrong with them? I am considering getting either the Thule MOAB or the Yakima Load Warrior. I like the fact that I can mount a ski rack directly to the top of the rack. Anybody have any info on these racks?

I have a yakima rack. I remove it for wheeling now. I have ripped it off twice and it cost me a chunk in replacement parts to make it functional again. That is why most people that need a rack for off - road buy the wilderness racks and comparable others. Just my experience.

BA

I have Yakima racks for years on both on road and off road vehicles. They are wonderful racks and great for carrying lots of equipment and weight. I have used them successfully for offroad but they are not optimum because the ends stick out and are prone to being taken off or getting in the way.

Michael

Back