• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sorry guys, another tire question...

geebus

NAXJA Forum User
i want to go with an RE 5.5. lift. I'm undecided if i want to go 33x10.50 or 33x12.50. Aside from fender issues, and more stress on steering components, what other possible issues might i run into with the 12.50? And does anyone have pics of this setup? i'm soooooo sorry guys, i've been on the search engine for two hours, i can't do it anymore...........

you won't be able to fit 12.50s with stock width axles and stock rims, maybe not even 10.50s, control arm rub.

redsand187 said:
I don't know about where you wheel, but around here, the trails get pretty narrow. So you are better off with the narrow tires.

:huh: :gag: :doh:

I'm at ~6 inches of lift, 33-12.50's, 15x8 wheels with 4.50" back spacing and drop brackets with RE control arms.

This, in my estimation, is just about perfect for the woods and does well on he rocks of Moab and the Rubicon.

You do not need wider axles.

With proper trimming you can almost keep the tires under the flares and the cops don't give me any hassle around here.

NachesSnow.jpg

Kejtar said:
hmmm that should be added as an option to the tire thread "what size tire are you running" :D

by the way can you tell my how to fit my 39" Iroks on my 2" budget boost with bushwacker flares and 22" rock crawlers.:laugh2:

Come run the trails around Rimrock/Naches, that were cut forest service style at 72" years ago. Trails are narrow here, that is the fun. Most people I know are too afraid to run them though because of body damage. I have scrapes and dents down each side of my Jeep, both mirrors have been torn off multiple times. I personally would rather wheel something difficult and tight then go wheel on a unmaintained dirt road.

Back