• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radio/Clock/OH Console Illumination No Workie

XJnDixie

NAXJA Forum User
90 XJ Limited

The PO had an aftermarket CD player in the rig before I bought it - swapped it back to the OEM Radio/cassette before I purchased it.... The illumination on the radio, the in-dash clock, and the temp/compass do not work... The lights that you push to "click-on" in the overhead console work, so I know that power is supplied there.....and the radio works (just can't see what station it's on) and the clock seems to work if you get in the right light.....

So are all of these associated (hopefully)....?? I've checked the fuses and they all seem fine....What am I missing? What could I check? What fuse provides power to these sources?..

Not a big deal....but it annoys me when stuff doesn't work....

on my 87 there is an orange wire that does the illumination.
I posted a link that had all the radio wireing colors a few days ago, but I'm at work now and don't have hit handy.

I don't have an OH console in my MJ, or even the wiring for one, so I can't help you much there. I know that the orange wire is tied into the dash illum because that's what I wired to my headunit.
I found that link.
http://snowboard247.blogspot.com/
Good luck. Might have to find a FSM diagram, or by a haynes or chiltons that has one.

Back