• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's 6.5 Inch Coils - Suggestions?

rbarton

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone running Rusty's 6.5 inch coil springs? With 33x12.50 tires on 15' wheels, can you tell me what the measurement is from the pavement to the bottom center of the front stock fender flare?

I have his 4.5 inch coils that are about 3 years old. I have between 6 and 7 inches of lift and have 3 inches of poly coil spacers sitting atop the coils. The fender flare (bottom, center of front flare) measures 39 inches. I have not liked running the spacers but Rusty had no 6 inch kits when I bought them, so I opted for the spacers. It really makes the spring sit funny though.

I have a friend who wants 4.5 XJ coils for his Ranger (long story) and I thought rather than him buying new ones, I'd sell him mine and get Rusty's 6.5 coils to get rid of my spacers. Rusty assures me that his 6.5 coils have a more firm ride setup than the 4.5s and that I should be at about the same height even taking out the spacers.

Any suggestions, experience, other thoughts about this situation?

Thanks in advance!

Ric
[email protected]

Hi Ric

I have a 90 4 door with the full Rustys 6.5 lift kit running BFG AT KOs 33x12.50s on 15x8 rims my measurement is right 30" even. It was simaler to yours before lots of spacers etc. Whole lot better now I put the kit the week before the Moab Jeep Safari which is where I actully broke it in. Hope this helps...........

Kevin Long

Back