• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep thieves!

Jeepdogrob

NAXJA Forum User
This morning my buddy Coullt (Cherikon) woke up to a missing XJ. We live up in Tierrasanta off the I-15. The Jeep is likely long gone south of the border but I thought I would put it out just incase. It is a 96 dark green, no fender flares, Rubicon TJ rims and tires, 2 in. budget boost, with some body damage that you would expect to see on a wheeled Jeep. The rear window has a Aussie Locker sticker on it along with a few others. So, just a shot in the dark. I think I am going to reconsider leaving the Jeep outside.

*** just a warning to those in so-cal***

I work as a claims adjuster for a major Insurance company in so-cal specializing in stolen cars....

We have been watching a theft ring develop targeting jeeps (wranglers and cherokees) in the Orange county area. (one was even stolen from our company parking lot)

The thieves are stripping the easy to remove items (hard tops doors offroad items) and dumping them....

So keep an eye on your toys...

-Robert

EVILLT1 said:
*** just a warning to those in so-cal***

I work as a claims adjuster for a major Insurance company in so-cal specializing in stolen cars....

We have been watching a theft ring develop targeting jeeps (wranglers and cherokees) in the Orange county area. (one was even stolen from our company parking lot)

The thieves are stripping the easy to remove items (hard tops doors offroad items) and dumping them....

So keep an eye on your toys...

-Robert
In orange county????

I hope they don't start looking up in ventura area or get web savvy and track us down via ip address or something. Looks like I'll be sleeping next to ol'
Heckler & Koch.

This is what my XJ that got jacked looks like-
oct2LosPinos%20030.jpg

Please keep an eye out if you can...

Thanks,
Coullt

Not to stereotype anyone but... Cherikon and myself are in the military and both live in military housing. Well, the garden crew who comes and cuts the grass once a week are all a bunch of Mexican dudes (1 out of 4 speak english) well on more than one occasion I have seen them all but stop their work to look at my jeep. I didnt think much of it before the theft, I thought they were just admiring it. Now that this has happened I have heard of them doing this throughout the neighborhood. The housing office wont speak to them as expected but if I catch them peering into my junk I will. Abla english or not they will understand the body language.

Then again maybe they dont want my jeep because of the Forest Service Green color. It might draw a little too much attention for them.

Who knows? My Jeep hasnt spent the night outside since Cherikon lost his.

When I bought mine it came with a stack of paperwork. Turns out mine was stolen, taken across the border, wrecked, came back across the boarder with a load of drugs, captured by the DEA, returned to owner, had almost every body panel replaced, driven for 5 years then sold to me.

I will keep an eye out for yours. It will probably come back across the boarder very soon, but not at a normal crossing point. You might try to contact folks on the east end of the border fence.

John in SD

there's a recent issue that happend in Ensenada less than a year ago, it involved a Jeep (white, saw the picture on the news paper).
It' was pull over by the Federal H Police. on the roar leading to ensenada from tijuana on the count of not having any licence plates. the drivers said it was just imported from the states, still had the import papers on hand, they impounded the car and search it, and found some old drugs in the gas tanks. the new owners spent some time in jail until the paper work from the us came back. verifing the car was impounded by customs going to the US, the car was with drugs on it, but the inspection by the customs agents wasn't 100%, the car was sold at an auction to a mexican dealer and made it to a new owner in Mexico.
the moral of the story, (no to be a bad seed or anything) if it was used for dealing, take another look under the car just to be on the safe side.

jeepdogrob;
My Cussin works for the state police (policia estatal preventiva) in Ensenada, He was over at my house over the weekend and I told him about this issue, He ofer to help out, and asked to sent him the jeep details and he would put out a APB on it.
If this is ok with you I'll go ahead and sent him the pictures posted here, and/or any other info you want to add..
you can e-mail if you have any comments.
rick

UN-limited'89-
That would be great if you could pass the information on to your cousin. We'll see what turns up, but I am not expecting much. The SD PD hasn't called me with any leads as of yet and it's been a week. Thanks for all of the information and support.

all rigth,
I sent the info minutes before this replay, let's keep our hopes hi.
good luck
I also did sent your e-mail adress, in case something comes up, he can just contact you faster, and not having to triangulate the message...
Rick

Jeepdogrob said:
Not to stereotype anyone but... Cherikon and myself are in the military and both live in military housing. Well, the garden crew who comes and cuts the grass once a week are all a bunch of Mexican dudes (1 out of 4 speak english) well on more than one occasion I have seen them all but stop their work to look at my jeep. I didnt think much of it before the theft, I thought they were just admiring it. Now that this has happened I have heard of them doing this throughout the neighborhood. The housing office wont speak to them as expected but if I catch them peering into my junk I will. Abla english or not they will understand the body language.

Then again maybe they dont want my jeep because of the Forest Service Green color. It might draw a little too much attention for them.

Who knows? My Jeep hasnt spent the night outside since Cherikon lost his.

from what location was the xj stolen? if Cheikons jeep was stolen on base, the above mentioned info should be relayed to the MP's or SF's or MA's (depending on branch) investigations office. the # should be on a Victim Witness Assistance Program (VWAP) pamphlet that the responding cop should have given you. take it from a USAF Security Forces Member that any and all info in a case is apreciated. also, ensure there is a BOLO (Be On the Look Out) issued for that vehicle on base and the surrounding area.

also, you got a cops set of eyes here in the Hill AFB (Ogden ut) area for you.

I see the plate is 938KTC, what state-Wa?

if you got any ??'s feel free to pm or email me.
James
"stewie"

Back