• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bb shocks on a budget

DeftwillP

NAXJA Forum User
I found these slightly used OME shocks on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-0...ewItemQQcategoryZ33585QQitemZ8029589245QQrdZ1
I realize that they're for a wj with 2 inch lift, but the lengths seem pretty compatible with the needs of a 2 inch lifted xj.

Here's the ebay shock length:
Fronts are 21 1/2" extended to 13" compressed. This is center of eye bolt to the first washer on the top.
Rear is 22 1/2" extended to 13 3/4" compressed. This is center of eye bolt to eye bolt.

Anybody know if the valving would be acceptable for the lighter xj body?

DeftwillP said:
I found these slightly used OME shocks on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-0...ewItemQQcategoryZ33585QQitemZ8029589245QQrdZ1
I realize that they're for a wj with 2 inch lift, but the lengths seem pretty compatible with the needs of a 2 inch lifted xj.

Here's the ebay shock length:
Fronts are 21 1/2" extended to 13" compressed. This is center of eye bolt to the first washer on the top.
Rear is 22 1/2" extended to 13 3/4" compressed. This is center of eye bolt to eye bolt.

Anybody know if the valving would be acceptable for the lighter xj body?
those are the same measurments as my STOCK shocks.

Well, I would have to use bpe's for the rear. I could probably scare up a set for the front as well. That adds about an inch in length, correct?

FWIW, this is for street and does not go offroad. That would mean that stock length is ok right?

I think a lot of this comes down to what the valving would be like.

Street only means you don't need longer shocks on your BB.

Buy my stock, low mileage, UpCountry (+1 lift) gas shocks, add BPE and you are good.

Technically, if they're the same length as stock xj shocks, then I need no lengthening. I only would need bpe's for the rear so that the mounting would be the same.

Thanks Tim, pm sent.

But I'm kinda looking at either monroe sensatracks from rockauto or some used ome. The price would be the same, but I get a warranty with buying monroe's.

I have some Gabrial LTs that I bought, about $15 each with LIFETIME warranty. As soon as I can get the old ones off, Ill take measurements (verify measurement on new ones), and post any results...

I got about $64 in 4 new shocks. I know there not Sensatracs, but my stock ones are SHOT so any new shock would be an improvment!!

Cheers,
Andrew

Back